Who We Are
Our ministry exists to provide opportunities for Christian fellowship and companionship within our community. As we walk through life together we strive to fulfill several objectives:
- Winning souls to Christ.
- Discipling our brothers and sisters in the Word of God.
- Assisting people as they seek God’s purpose for their lives.
- Finding fulfillment in the life gifted to us by God.
- Championing the wisdom and experience gained through the journey of life.
Fellowship is an integral part of our mission, so we provide our members ample opportunity to build community and form new friendships. This is accomplished through weekly fellowship meetings, monthly men’s prayer breakfasts, and exciting trips organized by 50plus.
As with all ministries at Thomas Road Baptist Church, 50plus wants to change our world by developing Christ followers who love God and love people. We take advantage of a number of opportunities to serve the community, including:
- Nursing and retirement home visits and choir performances.
- Conducting Bible studies.
- Stocking a food pantry for the needy.
- Home and hospital visitation.
Sound like a place you might like to learn more about? Give us a call at (434)832-2010 and let our staff (and the rest of our family) welcome you home. We think you’ll like what you find!